Small Things Make a BIG Difference
MAD Program — Making A Big Difference With Small Things — is moving along quickly, and has some updates to share with the Donny.com community. Want to find out more about Donny’s Make A Difference Program Click here to read about the MAD programs of 2011/2012.Making a Big Difference with Small Things has had some exciting thing since last month’s update:
- We volunteered at the Good Neighbor’s Picnic for Homeless Families in Columbus and with the help of others we were able to provide enough soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, deodorant, combs, etc. to everyone who attended!
- We have started to build some partnerships with local businesses in the area.
- Das KaffeeHas, a coffee shop in Lithopolis, Ohio has graciously allowed us to place a collection bin in their store so that locals can make donations.
- MasterCuts Hair Salon in Lancaster, Ohio provided us with several shampoo and conditioner samples
- The company where I work – Momentive – has allowed me to continue to collect items in our global headquarters. Associates that come to visit us in Columbus are getting “trained” to bring me the extra soaps and shampoos they receive during their hotel stays – and these small donations are really adding up! We are now talking about expanding the program to include collection sites at our plants in other areas of the US.
- I presented my program at the PTO meeting at Bloom Carroll Middle School and am happy to report that the first school toiletries collection drive has begun! The school will be collecting items from now until the end of the year.
- Last but not least I am excited to let you know that my MAD program was featured in this week’s edition of the Fairfield Towne Crier.
As you can tell we are continuing to Make a Difference!!
Attention Donny.commers!! We need your help so we can make an even BIGGER difference!! Are you willing to set up toiletry drives in your area – at work, school or church? If yes, we need you! I will provide you everything you need to make your collection successful and the items you collect will be donated to an organization in need in your area. Interested? Contact me at email@example.com or via my website makingabigidifference.org