Making a Big Difference with Small Things – February
Making a Big Difference with Small Things sent donny.com a February update, and they have been busy! Want to find out more about Donny’s Make A Difference Program? Click here to read about the MAD programs of 2011/2012. Making a Big Difference with Small Things continues to help those in need of toiletry items!! Since my last update we have had several collections, and in turn have been able to donate a lot of items.
- In conjunction with the Bloom Carroll Middle School Student Council we held a toiletries collection drive. The kids did a great job and we collected three large plastic totes full of items – including more than 200 toothbrushes!! WOW!
- Fellow Donny.commers continue to come through for our MAD Program. While in Detroit at the Donny and Marie show we collected two GIANT bags of items. I have also been contacted by ladies in NY and PA regarding their donations!
- A Honeywell branch just outside of Cleveland, Ohio is currently having a toiletries collection. In the area? Contact me and I will put you in touch with our collection chair.
- While I was at a convention in Las Vegas, I spread the word about my program and was able to collect several bottles of shampoos, conditioners and lotions from several attendees. These items were donated to the St. Jude’s Ranch in Henderson, NV.
- We were contacted by Westerville Ohio’s Garden Church Friends of the Homeless Program and were able to provide them with all of the items they needed for their Christmas basket program.
- We were able to fulfill a request we received from the Madison County Vineyard Church for their homeless outreach program.
- We provided enough care packages of “small things” for each of the patrons of the Columbus Coalition for the Homeless. Several of the people they have helped have just transitioned into housing so we have provided them with full size items as well.
- We have sent toiletry kits to MAD for Families of Children with Life Threatening Illnesses in Las Vegas. Families with a child in the hospital sometimes do not have anything with them and these care packages from us will provide them with some of the basic things they need during their time away from home.
As I reflect on 2011, I continue to be amazed at the generosity of others and the support I have received for my program. For those that have helped, thank you. I look forward to an exciting “small thing” filled 2012!